What’s on my mind this morning:
– I’m so thankful that I get to be the pastor of Ascent Christian Church
– I really love preaching.
– And I really love preaching through our current series–I believe it will have a huge impact on our church.
– We have some amazing people leading ministries in our church.
– I’m very excited about who God has placed at our church and the gifts they have.
– I am very excited about this coming year.
– And the ministry that will be happening at Ascent!
– The realization that we are all made in the image of God is having an impact on how I view and treat people.
– We are all broken people. Just some recognize it. Get healing. and become better for it.
– I love the fact our church family is willing to acknowledge our messy spirituality.
– The state of Oregon just passed legislature on Marriage.
– It was an emotional moment in Oregon history.
– I don’t agree with everything Rep. Mike McLane said.
– But he had some wise words to say to the people of Oregon:
– Regardless your view of this legislation, we are all made in the image of God and need Jesus.
– Now is the time for the church to live out Jesus commandment to love your neighbor.
– Luke 10:25-37
– Humbled that I get to be a part of the Sisters, OR church plant management team: Mountain Range Christian Church
– This makes me look forward to our next partnership church plant in Oregon with the OCEF.
– There are a lot of exciting things happening at Boise Bible College in Boise, ID.
– Jeff Walling is one of the best story tellers I’ve ever heard.
– You’re never to old to get a lecture from your dad…
– I did yesterday. Yes I deserved it. And no I’m not ready to talk about it 🙂
– I have the best wife a man could ever hope for.
– I don’t deserve my kids–they are most amazing people I’ve ever met!
– My kids have made some really cool friends–they are a blessing from The Lord.
– I’m fortunate to have friends like Mike, Tony, and Gavin–I love those guys from Warrenton and Astoria, OR.
– Prineville, OR is a beautiful place.
– I went to The Kilns coffee house yesterday–it’s in Bend, OR.
– It has a very cool vibe.
– And it houses Kilns College. They have a Master of Arts in Social Justice, which I find a bit intriguing.
– The movie 12 Years A Slave, makes me angry (I watched it last night for the first time).
– I prefer Smallville over 24.
– I like beards.
– And probably will grow mine back in the next couple of weeks.